Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April Poem-a-day


Prompts in bold
April Poem-a-day
From; Nessa (tick the title to get there)

My Poems
April 1st
Beginnings

From Day to Night &
From Night to Day~
Where it all started
Is on the way.
New baby leaves
Springing
From their earthly beds
Will be dancing in Sunshine
Once Sun warms their little heads.
Allison


April 2nd
Feeling Free

The breeze
Does Remind me
Of winter’s long sleep.
Blow away coldness
Darnkess and sleep.
Freeing the spirits
To new early flight.
Not to my darkness
In solid delight.
Allison

~~~~~~~~~~~~
April 3rd
a double entry (please except my apology, it sounds like I might be for it (in for it that is), but what I am is in knowledge of love and life and some of the feast and/or famine aspects of youth. Please forgive me if I offend.)I just know that, for me, if there is a place for a foot to enter my mouth in these kinds of situations, (ie. Questionable content? subject questioned, subjected question, you get the drift, there is a lot of room for pc error, ya know?) I’m your girl!


A Lover’s Triangle

3 is the magic number
Yes it is.
A man and a woman
One of them in trouble,
Yes indeed! one two three;
The man loved the lady
He brought a lot of favors,
Yes he did!
It's a magic something~~~
Man ~ woman ~ wife,
Husband in a plight,
Woman loves another,
Maybe.
Please don’t take my wife.
It’s a magic number.
(piano bridge please~~~)

What will they do?

Well now they might~~~

Man and the woman
Planted up a garden,
Yes they did!
It was magic numbers!
They planted all the flowers
And even little vegies.
until they had
Had that magic number!
3, 6, 9,
12, 15, 18.
21, 24, 27, 30
new things!
They multiplied
It's the magic
'Numbers'
Nature plus people
They're the magic
'number'.
Allison


~~~

One from a kindred youth
A Lover’s Triangle

Won’t listen to any advice,
Momma’s tellin’ me I should think twice.

My Friends all think I’ve gone crazy.
My judgements getting’ kinda hazy.
“Parle new strunzo a vote” 's my advice!
One of my clan contibutes this


~~~

April 4th
“Spring has returned.The Earth is like a child that knows poems.” Rainer Maria Rilke

Every day a new
Little Green Radish Leaves
Two
Little green hearts
Like a baby
My little radish baby
It’s a start.
Allison


April 5th
Spring Chicken

No spring chicken for me,
No Siree,
No spring chicken for me!
No way!
Cause I don’t got no mo' money, honey,
And the old fall chicken's fine,
Frozen is just fine, oh honey!
I’ll thaw out that old chicken to dine!
And It’ll taste just fine, now honey,
It's gonna be just fine!
There’s more than one kind of old cold chickens
I'll learn the new form of math and
We will all be just fine, yes siree, we will be just fine!
Chicken Scratch!
Allison


April 6th
Spring Rain, Fall Gold

Now makes me feel old
If I work hard I feel the best
I go to sleep early and get my rest.
I have to do it every day
Or I won't, ya know, but hey!
I got over it and so will you
Spring brings the rain
If we don't get more sunshine
Autumn will be disdained!
Allison


April 7th
Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!" ~ Robin Williams

Nature shows us how to party
Wait, wait, wait.
Wait some more
Hide, hide, hide like Mork from Ork
Sleep, rest, warm
Can do no harm!
Just a little warmer now and some light!

In a minute you’ll have grown so big!
If you don’t move around
It’ll be a big sin!
Since we all have to do it,
Let us do it together.
Partying’s good in all sorts of weather.
We’re just happy to rhyme and measure!

If we be blown, we’ll dance up the waltz.
It we get cold, we’ll prance to the fox trot.
Finally the sun will grow us up! Way UP!
Next we can dance with the birds and such!
Do the Cha Cha, if you please!
Allison


And my friend Mr. Robin says;
No matter what anybody tells you, words & ideas can change the world.
AKA Robin Williams

April 8th
One Flower Does Not Bring Spring


“Abigail, Abigail, where do you go?”
“Up the high hillside to follow that doe.”
“Abigail, Abigail, there’s no deer to see.”
“Oh no? Well she led me right under that tree!
And find there, I may see, the single white star!
I wish to see if the spring is close or far!”
“Abigail, Abigail, don’t go tonight!
And don’t ever pick it, it won’t grow back right!
It also will curse you and stunt your young life,
Seven long years til it’s back with your strife!”
“Oh sir I will not! I just need to see!
If one little flower will want to pick me?
I am the fountain of joy, don’t you see!”
“Yes you are my dear sweet spring spree!”
©Allisonians


AND it's another double
Another one from the clan, {thanks girl! UR my SUNSHine!}


One flower
Does not spring make
I am glad, for heavens sake!
Dahl Jr.goddess


April 9th
Spring forward, fall back
Time is illusive
Time is supreme
I am so tired when
Time gets changed
Can't we do it another way?
Allison


Dedicated to Charlie for his birthday!
Hey Charlie,
Do you know Bob Marley?
He sung reggae in a special rhyme way.
Here's a quote you might like to know,
From Bob Marley's immortal soul;
"Don't worry about a thing,
Every little thing is gonna be alright”
Hope your birthday is out of sight! (old slang for 'fun')
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Banana This; Recycle Old Peels~ fertilizer or silver polish

There are things you can do with that old peel.

1. Do you have a green thumb? House hold plants and outside gardens require fertilization. A great way to give your plants nutrients is with a banana peel. The banana peel is very rich in potassium and phosphorus, which give that added boost to your plants soil, especially so with roses. Here is how to use a banana peel to fertilizer your soil for your plants. Remove the peel from the banana. Place the banana peel on a cookie sheet to let it air dry. Grab a paper bag or envelope. Crumble the dried banana peel and place it in the bag. Let the banana sit at room temperature for about two days. When your caring for your plant, give it a potassium treat of crumbled banana peel. Mix well in the soil to ensure the roots are fed evenly.
2. Have you been thinking about pulling out that old silver? Well there is no time like the present. Bananas peel can also be used to polish silver. Yes, polish silver. Take the old peels and place them in a blender. You want the peels to become smooth and creamy. Once they have, grab a cloth and small amounts of the creamed banana peel and begin polishing your silver. The shine will be breath taking.

SOURDOUGH STARTER with WILD YEAST

SOURDOUGH STARTER with WILD YEAST
Wild yeasts exist in the air around you and to some extent on the wheat berries. There are wild yeasts on grapes (unsulphured) and apples and other fruits. It is those wild yeasts which are 'captured' to make a sourdough starter. The process takes from 3 to 5 days. I wish I had specific amounts for you, but you could start with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of flour and mix in enough warm (not hot) water to make a thin paste. DO NOT make it too soupy. That, in fact, is the trick to a good starter, according to the French bread makers, and I think they should know. And after you've fooled around with the flour and water thing, you might wish to branch out into adding those unsulphured grapes, apples, sour milk, etc as a catalyst in order to capture other strains of yeast. Each of these strains has a slightly different taste. In fact if you move to another area, you might end up with a starter that produces an entirely different flavor. For instance, San Francisco sourdough bread is well known and has a distinct taste due to the wild strains in the air there. On day one you mix the flour and water (and add any catalysts to encourage fermentation) and place in a warm spot. After 3 days, the dough should be moist, inflated, and slightly sour. More flour and water is added (mixed in) and left to sit in a warm spot. After 2 days the process is repeated. Then the next day it is done again. Note the order: 3 days, 2 days, 1 day. At this point you should be able to make a loaf of bread using part of the starter and adding back what you took out in the form of more flour and water. Rule of thumb: Use about 10% starter to size of loaf. In the case of a 2 lb loaf this is a bit over 3 oz of starter (3.2 to be exact). For a 1 lb loaf 1.5 oz would be used. A book that describes this process in great detail is The Village Baker by Joe Ortiz, copyright 1993, published by Ten Speed Press, Berkley CA. If it's not still in print, try the used books stores, that's where I got mine. Or try your local library. If they don't have it, they might be able to get it for you. ©2008 by Ernestina Parziale

Thank You For Visiting!

Thank You For Visiting!
Have a Great Day!